Monday, March 12, 2012

How I Can Make You a Real HE-MAN from Head to Toe!


I couldn't stop giggling when I saw this vintage ad and so I started my research on it...

This is the ad for Charles Atlas workout program which promises fulfillment of every man's dream: biiiiiig muscles.

Charles Atlas was actually a marketing genius of his time as he pushed these comic ads all over the newspaper and comic books which eventually led him to becoming a well known muscleman back in 1920's and 1930's. The entire advertising concept of fitness industry nowadays is more or less based on his advertising campaign.
Charles took self promotion very seriously. He posed for a number of  photographs and also for a number of statues throughout his life.



Now if YOU wish to "make YOUR body bring you ***FAME*** instead of ***SHAME***", it's time for a workout:



No comments:

Post a Comment