Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Magical Zimoun.

As I was sharing my love for kinetic art with one very special person, she introduced Zimoun to me. I became completely enchanted by his work and so I felt the need to further share the discovery.




Zimoun is an artist from Switzerland. He uses very simple elements such as cardboard, plastic bags, motors, cotton balls etc. to create intelligent and graceful sound sculptures. His minimalistic constructions, chaotic and perfectly ordered at the same time, produce monotone, yet impressively harmonious noise.





His work is reduced and abstract but still has the power to surprise. Each installation develops its own behavior through sound and motion so it resembles a live creature.






You may want to check more on Zimoun here.


2 comments:

  1. Ahh! His work is amazing, thanks for sharing! You definitely got yourself a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad you liked Zimoun, Sharanya! Yes, his work is truly amazing.

    And welcome, hope you enjoy the ride... =)

    Dee.

    ReplyDelete